Τρίτη 15 Απριλίου 2014

Not Enough Words - The Amazing Human Dog Bond






    I have been trying to find the words to explain the miriad of feelings I get from the dogs I have around me.  I can never quite find the right way to define the joy/satisfaction/contentment/peace that comes over me when I am with them. It is everything about them that mesmerizes me
      I love to observe them, to notice how they communicate and act around each other. I adore the way they look into my eyes as if they understand a part of me that no one else does. How should I express the way they make me feel when they greet me with great anticipation each time I walk through the door even if it was only fifteen minutes prior?  How can I define the sense of presence they are as they follow me about the house and yard doing whatever it is I am doing; my personal entourage.  What about the understanding that occurs when, while they lay seemingly asleep upon hearing my voice, I can make out the tapping of a tail on the floor? They don't care what I look like, what I am wearing, how much money I have or if the house is clean. It is unconditional acceptance.    

    My favourite part of each day is when we go for our walk.  We do this twice a day and I take three with me at a time. It doesn’t matter what the weather is like or if it is the same route as yesterday, (I change our route often), their moods are always high. Just the four of us, they are off leash, make our way along the olive groves, away from traffic and people.  They are amazingly alert and aware of the surroundings. I adore watching them and being a part of our little pack.  Everything is exciting for them to check out.  Tirelessly they run, play, sniff and move on.  I find myself wondering what their senses are picking up that I am not and wishing that I too could be so excited about every moment of my life. I love it when, as we continue on our way, they seek each other out so that we stay together and if they get too far ahead of me they stop, look back to see where I am and either wait for me or run back to close the gap between us. Not many words are spoken by me, except for the occasional, “Good Girl/Boy, ” “Let’s go” if one is lagging behind, and “I love you!” The energy and peace between us is more than all the words; the feelings are greater than any attempt made to interpret them. 
  
    Rescues are another realm.  During a rescue,when they are found hurt or sick, their resilience is something to be admired. I have never had a rescue that was overly agressive and not receptive to  my help.  I can't keep from being drawn in during any one case.  Each one fights so hard to for his or her life.  How can I elucidate the emotions that come over me during times like this. I am grateful to the paths that have lead me to work with these animals and to learn from them the greater meaning of being alive

Thank you,
K.K.

P.S. 
I would love to hear how your special bond with a dog or other four legged friend makes you feel.        . 

4 σχόλια: