Πέμπτη 13 Νοεμβρίου 2014

Rebecca - The Rope around her Neck.







     Rebecca, an adorable girl about one years old, grew up at the end of a short rope.  Her owner tethered her next to a make shift house and that was all Rebecca knew.   She ate there, she slept there, she sat there, she baked in the sun there, she did her doggie business there and paced back and forth.  Yes, she had food and water but that was it.  Her owner didn’t bother to pet her, touch her nor walk her.  Her owner didn’t even consider that as Rebecca grew the rope around her neck would have to be adjusted for her size.  Rebecca grew and the rope that was now her noose began to cut into her neck, choking her. 

The cut around Rebecca's neck is almost healed.  Antibiotics and a special cream did their magic quickly.


      I happened to be in the neighbourhood to see another dog.  I was asked by Georgia, a woman I know who was also there, if I would follow her so she could show me a dog that she felt was neglected. I followed on foot to a house nearby.  We arrived at the spot where Rebecca lived.  I could tell immediately by the way her skin was curling up around her neck and by the way she would lift her hind leg to 'scratch' at the rope that it was too tight. Rebecca let me approach her.  When I was next to her I put my hand around her neck.  I felt the dampness of raw flesh and could smell the infection. I turned to the house that was nearby and banged on the door but no one was home.  I asked Georgia if she could find a knife or scissors.  As I waited for her return, Rebecca’s owner showed up; before me stood a frumpy looking woman in her 60’s.  When I presented her with the situation all she could say was that she hadn’t noticed the cut around the dog’s neck. We talked about a few other things and it seemed to me that she had some obvious mental disabilities.  I explained to her that I was taking the dog to get medical attention and that she was not to have another dog tied there or next time I would bring the police. 



     Rebecca’s wounds have completely heeled. She has since become a part of my pack and they have helped her to socialize. She is a little stand-offish with new humans but once she realizes no harm is meant she warms up.  She is very playful and energetic in the pack, building the strength in her legs and body that being tied up on a short rope denied her of.  

    Once she builds more confidence she will need a forever home.  Please share her story far and wide.  Please, if you see abuse or neglect speak up and take action. Rebecca was seen by many people and neighbours and no one bothered to help her.  We need to be the voices of these animals!

 Stay tune for more on Rebecca. 

Thank you.
K.K. 


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου