Πέμπτη 24 Ιουλίου 2014

Magda - Hit and Run!






 

 July 15, 2014



Earlier this evening, we get the call…emergency….a dog hit by a car lying on the side of the road. I have named her Magda. She is very wary towards humans and she put up a bit of a fuss. The x-rays show; bones in her pelvis are broken on one side. She can’t walk nor stand. The break is in a spot that will mend itself. There is some pressure being placed on her bowls increasing her discomfort.
However, beyond what we have in front of us, there is MORE. It is apparent that she has given birth recently! Some where out there are tiny puppies that are waiting for their mother to return so they can be fed and taken care of. This will not happen! We have no idea where they could be. We have never seen this stray before. It will be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. The thought of the puppies is unbearable!

Magda has been put in a safe place for now.


July 24th


     It has been 10 days since the accident.  Madga has made attempts to stand.  Mostly she places all of her weight on her front legs and pulls herself.  It will be a long while until she recovers fully.   She is very timid and shows signs of anxiety around humans. With a great deal of patience we are starting to connect.  She allows me to caress her under her chin and we spend a little time doing this each day.  With each day she allows me touch her a little more than the previous one.  Her appetite is quite good which means that she isn't experiencing a great deal of pain. Magda, I wish I could make all of your troubles go away!  



   

K.K. 

 August 25, 2014

  A terrible turn of events!

About the time that Elpida was sick, one evening when I went to the safe haven that Magda shared with Elpida and a few other dogs she was nowhere to be found.  I walked the fencing and found a weak spot that only Magda’s tiny body could push through.  The days prior she had started to move about more and more. After her escape, I spent two hours looking for her around the area. Taking into respect her warines of people, I didn’t expect to find her but I couldn't stop looking for her.  My thoughts were that at least she felt strong enough to leave and I hoped our paths would cross again. 

Well…they did.  I guess she could not secure enough food and water in her travels and decided to return where she felt she would find some.  One evening last week I  saw a shadow of a dog in the olive grove that borders the safe haven.  I was driving on the gravel road and I just barely made out a small figure that disappeared.  The figure hinted of Magda so I left food and water.  The next day, there she was again but this time in plain view lying under an olive tree.  Once she saw me she got up to put distance between us but I saw clearly that it was she.  I was very relieved to see that she was walking very well and that, apparently, her broken bones have mended completely.  I have been putting food and water out for her everyday since. Sometimes I see her, other times I don’t. She welcomes the food and water she finds and stays in the area. She is like a ghost; she comes and goes with out a trace or sound. 

Madga you would not believe how relieved I was when you came back!

K.K.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου